the Batavia Promenade Shops will celebrate their opening weekend beginning Friday, May 20, 2022 at 114 E. Wilson Street in downtown Batavia.
Downtown Batavia’s Boardwalk Shops welcomes a new group of tenants this year, keeping the product flow ever-changing – 9 new small businesses and one returning tenant. This summer marks the third season for the city’s boardwalk-style shopping destination. Tiny, home-style boutiques feature tenants that change every year, making for an exciting shopping and browsing experience.
From Scandinavian pastries and charcuterie boards, to wooden turned bowls, hand-poured soaps and children’s clothing and toys, the mix of stores is eclectic this season.
The Boardwalk Shops were designed to help house and foster small businesses, and create a place where shoppers could find their new favorite local products. The stores serve as a kind of “business incubator”, allowing owners to test the feasibility of their projects before signing a long-term lease or putting down roots in Batavia.
“After the incredibly successful and encouraging season our Boardwalk Shops have had for the past two years, this year’s group is sure to be a huge hit,” said Beth Walker, Batavia MainStreet General Manager. “We are excited to kick off the boardwalk shopping season and hope to see everyone getting involved in the local lifestyle on the boardwalk.”
The Batavia Boardwalk Shops season begins Friday May 20 and ends Sunday December 18. All stores will be open on Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9am-5pm; and Sunday 11pm-4pm
Stores are located at 114 East Wilson Street across from Oak + Swine, Wilson Street Tavern and Six Cypress Boutique.
Check out the new Boardwalk Shop 2022 businesses:
- Arlo.Hendrix: A boutique for children offering clothing, accessories and toys that use ecological and safe materials.
- The candy stop: The ultimate confectionery experience that brings the candy store to you.
- Charcuterie workshop: Ready-to-serve boxes and charcuterie boards, gifts and treats.
- Dirty Clay and Co.: Handmade pottery and functional products for everyday use.
- ground nodes: Wall hangings, decorations and lights in macramé and weaving.
- Fox Valley Gallery of Wood: A collection of Fox Valley-based woodturners, selling handmade goods and returning for another season on the boardwalk.
- Hazelnut: A women’s clothing boutique specializing in timeless wardrobe basics, and
handmade jewelry every day.
- Magnolia Soap and Bath Co.: Hand poured soaps, candles and herbal beauty essentials, including scrubs and laundry detergents.
- Old West Baked Goods: Scandinavian bakery with an emphasis on local, seasonal and sustainable ingredients.
- Wonder and wandering: A toy store focused on promoting the importance of play.
For more information, visit downtownbatavia.com, email [email protected] or call 630-761-3528.